5.21.2010

Where has my English gone??

My English is really declining!! My vocabulary is shrinking and my tongue is not working properly.
I want to keep and improve more and more. But what can I do in this small city where I hardly ever see a foreigner?

I go to an English conversation lesson every Thursday with an British teacher and six to seven students, most of whom are already working. But One and a half hour lesson once a week is not enough at all. Fortunately my teacher told me that he would talk to his friend that I am looking for a conversation partner around this area. He and his girlfriend also told that they would welcome me to their house. I hope I would have some more opportunity to practice my English. I didn't expect that it is that difficult to find English-speaking people in this city.


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it depends on who you're speaking with in English. My proper English is declining from living out here in the country! When I speak with relatives who live in the northern United States they're amazed at some of the bad grammar I'm picking up! I say a lot of "ya'll" (instead of you all) and "aint" (instead of is not or will not). So it could be worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's so easy to forget the language if you don't use it even though it was so hard to acquire it. But I didn't expect that the difference between north and south is that much. I thought they speak almost the same English there. Quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete