9.05.2010

Thanks to online-shopping


I recently ordered the best-seller book "My darling is a foreigner" at last! I have been wanted to read this series but I couldn't find a bookstore which sells it. The good thing is that every line has an English translation. It's easier to know the everyday conversational English.

As for the story, (I'm not sure if it's a story because it's non-fiction), it was so fun! I was amazed how Tony speaks such good Japanese and know so many things about Japanese culture. He is more knowledgeable than an ordinary Japanese like me. His questions are so interesting and hard to give a good answer. 「やれああしろこうしろ」の「やれ」って何?とか。

Of course they have some quarrels once in a while but it seems more of a personal dispute rather than cultural difference. What is important is that the two try to understand each other and tell how they feel honestly instead of hiding their true thought. It's only possible when both of them want to keep the relationship and try to find ways to do so. Very nice story.

"My darling is a foreigner" was originally a comic book but since it went best-seller, they made a film out of it. I'm going to borrow a DVD of it soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment