3.09.2011

Invitation

The post-doc in my previous lab, who is now my friend, left for the US today to set up a laboratory there. He'll be staying there for two months and he said he would arrange a meeting with professors in there if I come over to his new lab.

It sound like a great, rare, exciting chance to get to know famous professors in the US. I may be able to ask them about taking masters in their university. I don't know how it works, but seeing somebody in person is far better than sending an email if you would like to tell him/her that you are willing to pursue your academic goals. Besides I will have my friend who will introduce me to the researchers. hmm... seems like quite promising journey. but I'm not still sure if I want to take masters or skip master and go to PhD. PhD takes more than 4 years in the states!!

What makes it complicated is that I've already booked tickets to Singapore for this golden week! The cancellation fee is costly and it's very expensive to go to the US during this season... I don't know if it's worth cancelling my trip to Singapore and going to the US instead. Is this a chance in a million? or, like other people do, contacting via email is enough?

I need to do further research on this! What kind of lab, how many people... etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment