10.05.2019

Juggling tasks

- Symposium website is to be launched in 2 weeks, but still we are waiting for information from various committees. It's just about sending emails- I don't know why it takes forever.

- Grant writing is close to the final stage, and today nobody was in the office. It's a shame that we can't focus and write in our own office. There's too much distraction around. Then what's the fast computer and the desk for?? Anyways it's true that I'm more efficient under a quiet environment.

- Finished a nice slide thanks to my labmate who made a beautiful template! I like how it looks, and it gives me a sense of achievement. It's amazing how she makes materials that others can use as well. It's not just doing your own job but helping others to do better. Whether you can do extra or not - that's the difference between good and great, I think. 

- It's hard to look for copyright free materials with no attribution requirements. If I put attribution for each image on my side, it'll be very crowded with text and will be hard to read.  How do people deal with it and who should I ask, even?

- It was 50F or 10C today. Suddenly it's winter, even though I wore a short sleeve on Monday. What a Michigan week. It feels very cold especially when I bike!!

- Hopefully it'll be the last note taking day in the field! 

- Too busy to fix my audio issue of my laptop. Now I need to reinstall the OS? Gotta find time for that..

No comments:

Post a Comment