10.02.2019

Study, class, & writing

- Sought help in writing a cover letter. It's hard to know what I need. But I got some insights to add to it, so that was good.

- Finally submitted proof of my review paper. I want to be able to edit it now, but that's fine. I'm glad I'm done with it now.

- The flowers of the garden what all pulled up even though they are still blooming and beautiful. I guess it's the end of summer, officially. It has rained so much for the past few weeks. It's making havas difficult. We need to sunny days to let beans dry and another sunny day for us to harvest them. But now it seems like it's hard to get sunshine for consecutive days.

- Went out to run for 20 minutes. Running allows me to forget everything and empty my mind. It's refreshing. It's funny that you can counter mental tiredness with physical tiredness. Just after running, I'm exhausted and catching my breath, but I feel very good. 

- "Starting doing something is the hardest - once you start running, it's easy to do it 5 more minutes. You need the same mental strength that forces you to get out of your bed every day."

- I'm learning a lot about crop breeding for food qualities nowadays. It's interesting to know what consumers want out of a particular crop. The best moment is when what I read about crop qualities connect with what I studied in plant breeding classes.

- This semester I'm reading one paper and one chapter of a book every day on average. It's a lot of reading and I hope my reading speed will improve.

- It's nice to have classmates to talk to. If I were studying for exams alone I would be too stressed. It helps to have this question because I can always learn new perspectives from other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment