11.26.2020

A trip to a driver's license center

It was time to renew my driver's license before I head back to the states.  I should have done it earlier, but I waited for no reason.  It tuned out that you could have it renewed at a police station which is much closer to me. But it takes over a month (why???) and so it was too late for me to get it done by the time I fly.  So I had to go to the driver's license center which is 1 hour by bus from my place. 

Got up at 6 am and took a crowded bus to the station first then took another one packed with high school students. There were so many students and people waiting for the bus that I was wondering if I can get in.  I'm glad everyone fit in.  It seemed like people are working on site and students are studying at school despite the surge of the number of cases again.

Everything was very smooth at the center. They distributed numbered tickets to visitors and served them in order so that we won't have to form a long line worrying about other people's sneezes. Everyone was wearing a mask, and we were encouraged to stay apart. 

I got out about 10:20 am. It was an early morning mission complete.  I walked though a spacious  residential area (almost like that in Michigan) and took an hour bus ride back home.  It's so veery inconvenient to not have a car, but there's a way to get around. Compared to the cost, safety, and responsibilities associated with driving, a car-less life isn't too bad. Especially if I'm working from home.  From the environmental viewpoint, too.  At least I should believe so for now.  

There was a small park in the residential area with a tiny waterfall with some fall colored leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment