11.27.2020

Thanksgiving dinner take out

I visited my friend who is living in my hometown while she's cooking some Thanksgiving dishes!  She was cooking a lot of food - a whole chicken, meat stuffing (not bread!),  broccoli and avocado salads, grilled pumpkin, dates with almonds rolled in bacon and baked, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  This is Thanksgiving!!! It reminded me of the dinner I was invited to in the US some years ago.

It was too bad that I didn't actually stay there for a dinner, but now I think I should refrain from dining indoors with multiple households.  She packed a lot of dishes for me so I can have them at home.  It's very nice of her.. and I'm sure they are delicious as she's a great cook.  It was fun to cook with friends. I hadn't done it for so long.  Someday in not so distant future we will be able to have parties again. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that we were able to spend Thanksgiving together this year! Thank you so much for trying my cooking, too! I'll never forget stuffing a whole (stuffed!) chicken into the rice cooker. I'm glad you were there to see it! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, It was a lot of fun!! Cooking a while chicken in a rice cooker was an innovative idea. It makes me smile. Can't believe it's been 3 months already since then. Thanks for checking out my blog!☺️

    ReplyDelete