5.29.2021

Moving day!!

It was a perfect day to move on Thursday.  I was lucky considering that it was very hot and humid in the beginning of the week.  I love Michigan weather like that.  It's fun to see how the weather will be each day because it could be chilly to hot, and I can start each day afresh.  Rather than having hot and steamy weather every single day for two months straight in Japan (or any island country, I guess..) 

Moving takes more time than I thought it would.  I packed my suitcases and took Uber to slowly move my stuff on the day before, telling myself that I would be thankful to myself on the following day.  I did thank myself on Thursday.  It's a good idea to slowly do things, not all at once, so that you won't be pressured to finish everything on one day.  I still need to clean my old apartment, but I'm glad I'm almost done.

I thought having a washer and dryer in my unit is nice because I can keep them clean and use them whenever I want to.  BUT there are pros and cons - they are so loud.  I need to go out somewhere when the washer is running to protect my ears.  The dryer noise is bearable, but.. I think I would want to live in an apartment with a quieter washer/dryer or a laundry room somewhere not in my unit.  It's OK, it's my summer holiday house, so I should look at the bright side of things and enjoy life!

My friend who helped me move and I had a late lunch when we finished moving my stuff.  I am so thankful that she helped me.  I will help her with anything that I can!!  Mexican food for the first time in a while tasted very good. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment