6.25.2023

A lot of writing and a few international activities this week

I wrote so much on two papers this week.. And yet I am organizing a Shut Up and Write event this Sunday.  I have run out of things to write, as I am waiting for my co-authors' feedback.  I guess I can just take it easy today. It's nice that three papers are coming out in total, right at about the same time.  My 1 year and 8 months have surely not been a waste! 

Another good news is that my advisor was willing to cover the cost of a conference registration for November.  It seems that I am going to SC this autumn!  I've been paying a lot for travels this year, but it's all necessary cost, as the conference is held only every other year, and it's a great way to be connected with bean researchers. 

Met some artists on Thursday and got to have a picnic with them at Kamo-river. It's so interesting to meet with new people with similar interests.  They all have different backgrounds, interests, and dreams, and so much so that it takes a long time to get to know them, which is a fun part. 

Maybe I should start tweeting inspiring and calming phrases every day, as a means to help others who are stressed and/or feeling stuck.

Another thing - I will probably help a friend to get a permanent residency in Japan.  It requires a guarantor, who must be a citizen or a PR.  But a guarantor is not legally responsible for theie guarantee's illegal acts or unpaid debts; it's more like a friend/advisor whom the guarantee can go to when they have questions or need assistance. Sure thing! I would love to do that. It's my way to thank my friends in the US that helped me with administrative stuff.  I'm glad that I can continue a virtuous cycle like this.   


No comments:

Post a Comment