6.11.2010

OJT

Every two weeks I have different jobs these days. My colleagues teach me how to do the assigned works so I had opportunities to have a lot of advisers. I can see that the way to teach differs from person to person. One always watches over me so that I won't make mistakes while another one let me do first and checks it after I get the result.

I don't have any complaint but I feel more relaxed when my adviser just let me do it on my own and tells me if I make mistakes. I feel uneasy and nervous when someone is always watching me checking if I do right, even though they have the right to do so and sometimes it is their duty.

It's been my idea for a long time that teaching is not something that everybody can do. I now know that it is really true. Teaching is not just that you let someone know how to do something, but that you make him/her think and give support when necessary.

Education involves questions about how to let students try their best with a sense of responsibility. And even if they fail, the teachers should accept their effort and tell them that what they did will be a big step forward. Teaching seems easy, but there are so many things to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment