1.04.2014

Touristy area on the stormy first day

The weather was quite bad. It was rainy and windy like a storm. I wouldn't go out in this weather if I were at home.

Anyways I went to Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, but it was so stormy that I couldn't walk outside much. And there were so many tourists everywhere forming a long queue in the entrance of any famous tourist sites. Hundreds of people were waiting to enter Westminster Abbey despite the heavy rain, and the queue stretched outside the church property into the road.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, I went to Sherlock Holmes museum, where people are waiting in line for 100-200 meters again in the strong rain and wind!! Madame Tussord, the famous wax doll museum was even more crowded...

Disappointed, I headed to British museum with my friend. By the time, the rain stopped and even there were some sunlight! Such a changeable weather. The museum was crowded with a lot of people waiting, but we didn't have to wait that long as the queue was steadily moving forward. The exhibitions were impressive with lots of things I've seen in history textbooks. Egyptian ruins that was taken by France and given to UK.. It reflects the history of invasion and occupation... And there were displays of things from 3000 years ago, mainly unburied from tombs. It's interesting that ancient people had this bull figure (to display?) and terra cotta cups which are almost the same as what we have today.

Because it was so rainy, there weren't many chances to take photos in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment