5.27.2019

Dijon - Apartment, Fine Art Museum, Magnin Museum

I was happily surprised by how big the apartment was! It was quite convenient to eat breakfast and supper here with a teapot, microwave, and a fridge. I prefer to stay at an apartment with a kitchen or kitchenette rather than a normal hotel with no such equipment. It feels more like home and it's convenient to eat things I buy at supermarkets and delis.

A huge living room with stairs that go down to the basement... 

Beautiful, stone-walled bedroom! 

The stairs lead to another living room with a couch and a TV. The room next to it is the bedroom. This place is huge, and can easily accomodate more than 1 person. 
The inconvenience is that the owner is not there to help you when you need something - I couldn't figure out how to connect to the WiFi, but the owner was quite responsive to my emails athough it was in French! I wouldn't have survived without Google Translate!! At this place, I had to lock from inside, too, by turning the key not just turning a handle or something. And one time the lock did not turn from inside, so I couldn't go out! This time, I waited for an hour until the owner actually came to help me in person. The lock easily turned when he turned it from outside. I don't know what happened, but it's a downside of living in an old place with an old door lock... I really had to remember the specific way of turning the lock correctly.  
 

At the ceremony of the re-opening of the Fine Art Museum, there was a tightrope performance! He first danced and jumped at the edge of the roof of the building, and then started walking on a rope up above us. 

There were full of people beneath him, nervously watching... It was really a white-knuckler. 

Then in the middle of the rope, he took out a ribbon, and let it go down. On the tip of it was the key to the museum!! 

Thanks to him, the government official got the key and was able to open the gate to the museum.

The gate.

The festival went until midnight - there was a music performance by 7 or so players sitting on a chandelier hung by a crane. The crane... it is strange to see one in the middle of the place with historic buildings and churches. 


Musée Magnin. Magnin museum has a lot of paintings and sculptures collected by the Magnin family. The mansion itself is a historic one and has many many rooms with different decorations. It's beyond my imagination how rich those people were. 





No comments:

Post a Comment