7.01.2019

Summer flowers, healthy eating, and farewell


Gorgeous flowers in the sun! I almost fnished writing a paper today!!! Very happy that I met my deadline to finish it by the end of this month. I will do a spell check and send it to my advisor.  Having a deadline is a really good strategy to motivate myself and monitor my progress. As they say, now or never; if there is plenty of time, you'll never do it.

Multigrain croissant. Inside were grains, too. It had more texture than regular croissant. A "slightly" healthier alternative? One of the podcast was investigating the effect of fasting - and found that fasting increases mice's memory! Moreover, fasting will give your body to rest and restore normal functions because it is not so busy digesting food and lowering blood sugar levels and so on. It decreases breast cancer risk because fasting supresses cell proliferation, which leads to DNA damage once in a while and eventually to cencer development. There are more benefits than I thought! It may be hard to go suddenly starving, so it is a good idea to start with skipping breakfast, or decreasing food intake each meal. Hmm.   

A friend from Poland is leaving Michigan today. She is taking a trip to the west coat and head back to her home country. We were very good friends, so it was a bit sad to say goodbye. But everything's transident, she says, I will probably move out of East Lansing some day, too. I am glad our paths crossed and had a wonderful time together. She gave me little things that are too good to throw away like light switch decoration (above), which looks like a part of a Monet's paininting. It may be of a typical European citizen to want to have something artistic in their daily life. I am honoured to inherit her treasure to cherish. 




No comments:

Post a Comment