2.01.2021

Nature hike and bonfire - socializing day


Really smokey when near the fire, but it feels warm and nice.  It reminds me of the new year's celebration we used to have on new year's eve in my grandparent's community.  Those were the days, and the smell brings back memories more vividly than any other sense. 

S'more on a wooden stick. 


melted mashmarrow, chocolate, and graham crackers.  Simple yet superb.

I went for a hike in a nature park with some friends and has a bonfire with another group of friends.  It was the first social interaction in person in January!  It was so good that I feel connected with people again, and it felt like I belong here. One of them said she smiled for the first time in weeks today.   Studying at home everyday alone is depressing.. it's been less than a month since I came back to Michigan and it's kind of tough already.   Luckily I have a friend who is also living by herself so we just hang out outdoors whenever possible, and we were talking about going grocery shopping together, since it's one of the very few activities allowed at this moment.  My university just issued a directive to basically stay at home with no gathering, no gyms, no study lounges for the next two weeks.  I mean I understand the purpose, but it can be really hard... Just gotta through it by keeping ourselves busy and occupied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment