2.14.2021

Writing Saturday

 I literally spent a whole day on Saturday writing and finishing up my second paper. I don't know why but today I felt motivated to write a lot more than usual.  So just seize the day and write all day without even eating breakfast or lunch.  I was super productive still feeling residual writing momentum.

I've been writing this paper since last August, and I've made a lot of edits to it.  Every time I edited I think it's approved but then comes the next round of edits feedback advise and more work to connect all the paragraphs coherently.

Good sleep is really important to be able to focus on writing because writing Demands a lot of mental power to think and to put your thoughts into words.  If this is about simple things like daily life,  writing about it will be easy and pleasant.  But if it's about complex Concepts hard to grasp genetics and discussions that you need to it right off the reading so many papers, it's anything but a piece of cake.

Anyways, the second paper is almost done. That means half of my dissertation is done.  I think and I hope that the second half will be easier because now I know how to do it.. 

It was snowy all day today and it was frigid cold.  A perfect date to be stuck at home and write.


No comments:

Post a Comment