8.17.2023

Okuribi marks the end of Bon holiday

Got to view okuribi again this year.  It was stormy the day before due to a tyhoon that directly hit Kansai area. But luckily it did not affect Kyoto so much.  Our ancesters had a clear sky on the day they go back to the other world, guided by the fires on five mountains in Kyoto.

One Twitter has left me with a strong and unforgettable impression...  it had a photo of okuribi and said "One day, I will be one of the spirits that travel back to Kyoto during this period.  Thanks to everyone who made okuribi happen this year, too."  Yes, everyone will.  And so I should be thankful that I am fortunate enough to be alive today.  Severe weather is occuring more and more frequently nowadays, and so visiting hometowns is becoming troublesome.  Yet, there is a meaning to it; at least I believe so.  I just hope that those who are travelling will have a safe and smooth travels.



No comments:

Post a Comment