8.24.2021

Magnesium water laundry on a rainy day

It was a belated Sunday for me to relax yesterday.

I went to a shopping complex 20 min walk from my  hotel.  It's about 0.7 mile I think.. It was cloudy, but I thought it won't rain, so I went.  Besides, I really wanted to do the laundry.  Then it started raining when I got there. By the time I was done shopping and laundry, it was pouring, so I had to wait for 10 min.  The weather is unpredictable!  But it's OK.  After 10 min, it was still raining, but it was weaker.

20 min walk in a new place is always fun.  I went alongside a river, looked at various apartments and houses.  It seems they have to have a car to get around here, though probably a bike would be enough as the nearest train station and shops that you would normally need are all close by.  This neighbourhood is nice - it's a good mix of city and town with nature.

Anyways I found an interesting laundry machine, where it claims it washes laundry with just water and magnesium and performs just as well as washing with a detergent.  According to a video that was playing on the screen there, magnesium dissolved in water makes it alkaline, which acts like a detergent.  Even performance tests like microbial counts and odor removal were shown claiming that the magnesium water was as good as normal detergent.  I was kind of skeptical about it, but used it anyways as it was the only choice there, and it was just 400 yen.  After the wash, my laundry seemed OK.  I'm kinda surprised how many people came by and did their laundry on a Monday morning.  The coin laundry was quite busy already at 9 am.

Then I looked up the magnesium wash - out of curiosity - to find that the company has received an administrative order to prevent a recurrence for the unjustifiable and misleading labeling on their product by the Consumers' Agency.  An inspection was carried out to conclude that the effect of magnesium they are claiming is not based on scientific evidence.  And the tests like microbial counts were based on a small beaker scale and not on an actual washing machine.  Wow.. That article was published on May 31, 2021, which means the warning must have been published before that, and in August, the washing machine is still around!  The article says washing with their magnesium product is essentially the same as just washing with plain tap water.  So I just did the laundry with plain water, haha.  It's fine.  It was a lesson, and it was the best choice available because I am not supposed to use the hotel's laundry facility (which makes no sense), the laundry facility I went was the only one that was in a walking distance, and I didn't want to damage the fabric by doing the laundry by hand! 

Five more days and I will be able to use the hotel's laundry!!

I did a workout on bed on abs, thigh, and glute..  was quite a workout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment