4.14.2022

Finished my presentation today!!

It was a first time in a while go through the "get things done by the deadline" phase.  I had to give a presentation on the analyses I did so far for one of the genetics project that I have been workin on for the last couple months.

They liked my ppt, and we had a good hour long discussion sharing information, exchanging ideas, and planning what's next.  The project is getting larger!  We have so many ideas and data that's waiting to be analyzed and published, but we just do not seem to have time for everything.  

They have other data that I can analyze, but it's going to be a whole new project, and I dont' know if I can take on any more!  It gives me hope, however, to know that there are things I can work on.  Demand is there.

I don't know what day it is today, every day has been the same for the past few weeks.  Plus, I attended a symposium workshop that took place at 2-4 am.   After that, I took a nap, and then attended another meeting at 5 am.  It's kinda like flying long-haul.  I didn't sleep much on a night and here comes a new day.  Having a night shift really disturbs my biological clock.  I wonder if it's justifiable to have 24-hour operating factories just to maximize profit.  Wouldn't it be much more ethical to run the factory line during the daytime only.  I'm very thankful for those with a profession that requires night shifts like nurses and police officers.  Anyway the workshop was informative though! 

I'm going to relax tonight!!!  I've been back to an early bird schedule due to longer days and also due to my "night shift".  It feels great to be a morning person.  I love the fresh air I feel in my morning walk, too.  I'll continue it as long as I can!




No comments:

Post a Comment