4.01.2012

"English day"

Interpretation job again with board members from Japan and the general manager from Canada.

Oh... This time we had two meetings; one is a very short one with greetings, exchanging business cards and talking about general topics, and the other is a technical one.

The first one was OK. Not so difficult.. I'm so glad I studied a bit about what was going on between Canada and Japan beforehand.. I think it's crucial for professional interpreters.

The second one was quite tough. They ask multiple questions with very complicated terms and ideas, and a lot of acronyms!!

They say interpreters process clauses in a different way from ordinary people. They have sort of a processor in their mind to rephrase what is said very quickly, probably there are some patterns. Of course they go through a lot of training... It needs different skills! Oh well..

Just amateur translator is what I can do now. Would like to take an intensive professional seminar or something if I have a chance though..

One of my colleagues said I looked happier when I was with them. Speaking English makes me happy and being able to facilitate communication between them makes me even happier. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment