4.11.2020

Lab meeting presentation done!

The only time I needed to present this academic year!  Again just like the night before my oral exam, I had to write down scripts, read some related papers, and add some finishing touches to my slides. 

There were about 40 slides because I added some more that explains the basic consepts of my genetic study so that my collaborators from Engineering will also understand my talk.  That was a great thing to spend time on.  Totally worth it.  Appreciate positive feedback from the Engineering professor!

I got to talk with one of my labmates after our the meeting was concluded. I really appreciate it that he always gives me advice and help with bioinfomatics! I got some new codes to try.  I hope it will work out for me.

Positive, flexible, and cheerful attitude helps greatly when you give a presentation. You want to be your best self so that your audience will be engaged and find your talk (and the person who is delivering it) interesting. It is a comprehensive presentation of you as a communicator!  Getting up 2 hours before and rehearsing my presentation gave me energy to get going smoothly.

Giving a presentation is a lot of work, and it makes me super nervous, but it is at the same time the best part of being a researcher.  It is a great feeling when I get good questions and helpful insights from others. It feels like my researech is meaningful and I want to continue my effort.   


No comments:

Post a Comment