12.28.2010

General Cleaning

Today we had general cleaning and spent whole day.

The laboratory has a big refrigerator, and it's quite old and dirty. There were some dead bodies of centipede and spider that I had to clean!! I hate even seeing them.. small insects with too many legs! It's gross and causes me goose bumps.

Another thing, I threw away a bag of barley that was already analyzed. It is supposed to go to the feed production company and to become food for cattle. But still, it is grain, clean and edible, one of the staple food in the world. There are millions people who don't have much to eat, on the other hand, I'm throwing away this amount of barley because it was just for analysis. It made me feel guilty and sad. At least I'm one of them to be blamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment