8.21.2011

Reunion

I met one of my friends who just achieved doctor's degree and is going back to his country soon. He seemed doing good. He published a paper and will attend the graduation ceremony. It's not really like a gown and a hat thing, but still it's a cerebration for his academic achievement. I'm really glad to witness his success.

In the future, he wants to help young students who are very talented but can't continue studying for financial reasons in his country. There are so many students who are smart and likely to contribute to the development of the country.

A lot of scientists are now gaining strengths and getting good results. I know it's highly competitive and stressful sometimes but it is the competition that leads technical innovation. And I want to be a part of it.

Anyways I wish him best of luck!! (And I personally like the expression "Good luck" because there are so many things that are out of your control. So it's a positive, optimistic way of encouraging people. Success doesn't depend solely on your work. It's important to know that many other facters do relate. So just keep it up and some day the fortune will come to you. That's what it means.)

No comments:

Post a Comment