1.19.2013

Singapore and Adelaide

I had a great time in Adelaide again last week. It was only a 3-day stay, but it was fruitful and enjoyable.

We took Singapore airlines and spent 8 hours waiting for the connecting flight to Adelaide in Changi Airport Singapore. There was a 20$-voucher given to passengers that took Singapore Airlines and had stopover at Changi! I bought a Starbucks mug with Merlion on it! The airport facilities were amazing as I heard from several people. There were many kinds of gardens (even a fern garden!) and free Singapore tour was offered too. We joined the tour and got to explore Merlion park for 20 minutes. It was my fourth time to be in Singapore, so it was like "Tadaima".

It was summer in Adelaide, and they are experiencing the record heat wave throughout the continent.  It reached 45C there in the previous week we arrived. So we were lucky, it was not too hot though the sunlight was very strong.

The two meeting went well, I guess. I prepared a meeting agenda and it turned out to be useful. We were able to cover all the topics necessary, and had a good time discussing many things. I have to write a meeting minutes, too. Compared to last year, I think I did better translation/interpretation. The background knowledge on technical stuff and knowing where the project is going are the critical things. After a day-long meeting, the professor said "Well, we have exhausted ourselves." Exactly, we did.

I have attended this annual technical meeting for three years with almost the same members, but one of the company has been acquired and some of the employees may be transferred to other cities in Australia. So we might not be able to have the same people to have a meeting next year, sadly.  I hope we will be able to get together despite everything. Well we will be coming from Japan, so why not coming from other cities within Australia? It won't be such a hustle, I hope.

On the way back, we had some time to walk around so we went to Cleland park, where you can see indigenous animals and plants. It took 30 minutes by taxi. The highlight was supposed to be "koala holds", but the sign said it was too hot to let us have a close look at koalas, unfortunately. Koalas were still there in their "house", eating the leaves of eucalyptus slowly. It was very hot outside. The fact that we were going back to Japan, where it is in mid-winter with the temperature almost freezing. We needed to change after coming back from the park. It was a very good, relaxing time after the meetings.

I love the relaxing and friendly atmosphere of Australia. Being able to visit the two favourite cities of mine, it was a fantastic trip!!!! I shall come back!        

No comments:

Post a Comment