9.25.2013

Presentation overview

Great tasting session.
It's better to have a topic to discuss. I had two things: my presentation and shochu tasting session.
I had a second thought, but it was great that I decided to do it. Thanks to the huge help from the secretariat, our collaborator and my colleague, it was a successful tasting event! Most of the people who tried liked it. Some even asked me if it's available in Melbourne or Perth. I was thrilled. We have to construct our English website, and build a foundation to deal with non-Japanese customers.

It was a long day, but what a fantastic, fulfilling day.

My stomachache turned out to be good. Misfortune can be a seed of fortune. I said "First of all, I've been suffering from stomach cramp since Saturday. So I'm sorry in advance if I fall silent in the middle of my presentation, and allow me a few seconds to let it pass." It was a good idea... It's awkward to suddenly become speechless, so it was better to mention it beforehand. Many people kindly asked me if I'm feeling better. Slightly but steadily...

One of our collaborators told me that my oral presentation sounded like an Australian giving, if he closed his eyes. Australian English is becoming more and more familiar to me. It's great if my English improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment