11.09.2014

Transit at Singapore!!

Had a short trip to downtown Singapore on transit. My friend and I first went to see the fountain of wealth at Suntec city mall, had a wonderful dinner and nice desert! It was a great opportunity to catch up. It was very hot and humid there. It reminded me of what summer was like, and made me ready for the hot weather in Australia.

There are soooo many food courts and restaurants at every mall, offering countless choices for meal, coffee-break or drinking. I wish we had one tenth of this in the city I live in, where the numbers of restaurants are limited and it's highly possible that you bump into one of your acquaintances.

Anyways, here are tonight's special.
1. Cereal prawn - one of many signature dishes of Singapore. Fried prawn with curry leaves (also called laksa leaves) and flaked cereals sprinkled on it. Yum~~

2. 刀削麺 - the cook shaves off each strip of noodles from a flattened noodle dough using a knife, after getting an order. The soup is a bit sour and has distinctive flavour of coriander. The think and chewy noodles are delicious and filling.

3. Thai basil chicken - one of my favourite Thai dish. Quite spicy even without the red chili, but it has a complex mixture of so many tastes. I love the flavourful meat dish to mix with rice.

4. Mango Pom Herbal jelly - it was my dream to try the herbal jelly again. I had it at Aw Choo Desert for the first time several years ago and loved it. It tastes a little bitter, but it tastes like it's good for health. Maybe. This time it turned out to be a better one - a great combination of mango and herbal jelly! Even the Pom fruits tasted nice despite the beans sprout-like look. It's called ざぼん in Japanese...

5. Osmanthus Aloe Vera
Aloe meat with dried osmanthus (金木犀!) flowers sprinkled. It was an experience to "eat" osmanthus for the first time.. It had a unique, fairly recognisable flavour. Very interesting. I found a new favourite to go for dessert - 香港盛記.

I want to stay longer in Singapore....

No comments:

Post a Comment