9.18.2015

Gala dinner

The symposium was concluded with a dinner cruise going around Darling Harbour. It was gorgeous!! We went under the bridge, got close to the Opera House and skyscrapers.

There was live rock music by a band. One of the organisers is in the band. He is a terrific singer. It's nice to balance the art and science parts of your brain. Lots of people were dancing to it especially those who grew up with the music. I was upstairs chatting with non-dancers, and it was equally fun. Barley people are so nice, friendly and have good sense of humour. They never stop talking. I'm glad to be one of them.

They told me that I'm the peanut person, meaning someone who represents the company, like the face of it. I don't know why it's peanut, but I'm happy that they recognize me. In fact it sometimes happen that I don't remember meeting someone but that person remembers me. (Ops!) I guess I'm doing an ok job as a self-promoting Shochu girl.

Conference concluded, passed midnight, and nice meeting with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment