6.20.2020

Coffee machine broke and I didn't have my coffee this morning.

We were having a meeting where we talked about safety procedures and sanitizing protocols to safely come back to lab and resume our lab experiments.

With so many trainings, updates, new regulations, we are kind of tired of planning.

I felt that we were not feeling like sharing research results, so we just chatted for 15 min or so. It's nice to have a casual conversation that we normally have here and there if we are in our offices and in the same building.

We were all kind of sluggish this morning.. and our boss said that "My coffee machine broke, so I didn't have coffee this morning."  It was a well-timed, perfect explanation for our "Yeah let's just take it easy"- kind of attitude.

She is such a nice person. I didn't realize the value of having an understanding, courteous, and friendly boss until I actually had one. But now I think it's one of the top priorities when I look for a job.  You look for a job and a boss that you are comfortable with, not a company or organization, necessarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment