5.21.2010

Futon

I went back to my parents' house the other day and stayed there for a night. My mother prepared bedding for me asking ''You want only blanket, right?''
I was surprised and said "Oh, please give me a sleeping mat, too".
She laughed loud and said "Of course, what I asked you is whether you need a thick blanket on the usual one or not". Because it was getting warmer, she thought just one thin blanket is enough and I thought she was going to give me only a blanket, not the sleeping mat.

It often happens that you think somebody will understand what you tell him, but actually he thinks of a completely different thing or misunderstands it. That's what makes communication difficult, but at the same time, interesting.

I slept on two layers of sleeping mat and thin blanket at that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment