1.10.2012

Gingerbread house!!!



Happy New Year:D

It's been more than a week now, but I tried to build a gingerbread house with my friend!

Gingerbread house is like a house made of cookies jointed by icing.

Preparing two types of dough, plain and cocoa, we baked the cookies first, the building blocks of the house. It was fun to draw the brick pattern on the walls.

Just baking cookies took more than 3 hours and we needed extra 3 hours to assemble them into a house. It was quite difficult because one of the side of the wall was wavy because it was not completely flat when baked. So it is important to have them flat on a large plate, and to make them identical so that they stick together and stand more easily.

After straggling, we finally made it!!!!XD

It's a bit fragile, but it stood so that we could attach the chimney and the door. Too beautiful to eat!! It was fun! I really enjoyed making it. I made some more cookies with the extra dough and gave them to my colleagues. They were surprised I made a gingerbread house. I'm glad they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment