2.03.2013

Surprising truth about the national anthem

I just read that Bayonce admitted that she mimed the national anthem at President Obama's inauguration. She said she didn't have time to practice and had not wanted anything go wrong on such a big occasion. It was surprising that she didn't sing and later admitted it. I thought people were moved when she "belted out" at the ceremony...


I don't really understand why singers don't sing live at a concert or this type of ceremony where thousands of people are looking forward to it. Singing is their job! It must have been a huge disappointment for the participants to know that the soaring rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was pre-recorded. Only sometimes I can tell when singers miming, but some people can, and they had speculation about Beyonce lip-syncing. hmm... I know dancing while singing is quite tiring and you might be catching your breath, but that's live. That's the real performance. Singers don't need to cheat seeking perfection, I think..

No comments:

Post a Comment