4.06.2016

Slowly progressing on my publication

I am editing my draft after receiving comments from my co-authors.

There's something that should be a secret, but I want to tell this to someone!!
- My initial draft was checked by my bosses, and they suggested I should delete some portions. After following their advice, I sent it to my coauthors for their review. Then... they said what I deleted was actually necessary! There wasn't only one, but were several portions like that which I thought I should include, and my supervisors said otherwise. I would rather believe my coauthors who are more experienced on genetic analysis and plant science, who said what I originally said in my manuscript.

I wouldn't tell this to my bosses, but it taught me a lesson; it is worth discussion how the draft needs to be checked. It might have been easier if I had my draft reviewed by my coauthors in Australia first and then by my bosses. In fact, I have to look up my old files to see what I deleted from the original!

It also gave me confidence and experience on writing in the field of plant breeding/genetics. Well it's funny that plants are actually grown in the field, but that's another story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment