9.06.2019

Happy to be back in a choir!

A choir class started again!! I had been looking forward to this for 8 months. I met a retired faculty in veterinary science. It's always fascinating to meet a scientist from a different discipline. We met last year, but I was surprised that she remembered me (said "you work on beans!") in this 100+ voice choir.

I told her about my work and my upcoming comprehensive exams. She knew how hard it is - she took a similar qualification exam before to become a specialized veterinarian, and the questions were as broad as comprehensive exams. It's something that people just go though at some point in their grad school life. It was really nice to talk with someone who went through it.

It made me realize how smart people are readily identifiable. She asks good questions. 

Super excited to sing in harmony again in such a big group. The good thing is that we will only be doing short pieces, so hopefully I can stick to it. Two concerts are scheduled! 



No comments:

Post a Comment