10.11.2021

Kyoto trip and found an apartment!

I took a short trip to Kyoto last Thu-Friday to look for an apartment!  On day 1, it wasn't very efficient of me to meet with different real estate firms.  Different firms have the same apt information and they can show any unit listed. So I could have picked just one firm, stick with it, and tour around more efficiently by car. 

But I didn't know that.. I thought one apartment is managed by one company!

I ended up walking a lot around the neighbourhood south of Kyoto station, and I was dehydrated and tired.  I almost had heat stroke, in hindsight.  It was sunny and humid for October.

But it was kinda fun to meet with various agents with various personalities.  One was cheerful, one seemed like an expert (indeed, he is a manager!), and one was a polite newbie.  I ended up with touring around with the newbie to see the most apartments I had in mind, so his advisor was also there, which is great; two people are better than one doing the job.  They gave me kind words when I was feeling unwell.  They also gave me helpful advice on which apartment may be good for me.

After all, I picked a very good one that I liked!  It's new, spacious, clean, and modern.  It's on the top floor, so I won't have noise from above.  I was only looking at a unit on the 2nd floor, but later I found that one on the 3rd floor was also available!!  It was very kind of them to change my application to the top floor unit with ease.  It makes a very big difference!  I hope my application will be approved smoothly.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment