2.06.2022

Tax filing season!

If you work for a company in Japan, the company most likely will take care of tax filing for you. But I need to do it by myself as I'm a freelancer.  So it means companies employ accountants just to file tax of their employees?  It is a significant benefit of working for a Japanese company.  Nobody really talks about it, though.  Having filed tax in the US by myself for a few years, I appreciate how convenient it was.

 However, it's a balance because you will not be allowed to have side jobs, and you will need to disclose your financial information to them like your total income, loans, tax you pay etc. etc.  And all the other things to take into consideration before you jump to that one single benefit. 

Note to self, being allured to become an employee again just because of the temporary hassle of tax filing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment