1.12.2023

Saiyuki 25th Exhibition!

he exhibition was amazing and impressive😍🤩 There were countless illustrations and manga manuscripts shown! They're all intricately hand-drawn, even buildings and plants and water splashes. Just impressive and so inspiring.. at the same time, it feels like I'll never reach this level 😂  

I also wonder how long it took for her to draw each of the pages.. it's truly an artwork. 

Photos were allowed so I took a lot of them, but viewing them in person is the best.  It brings me back my JHS days.  It was one of the hardest time that I spent my childhood, but at least reading sayuki was one of the good moments shared with like-minded friends. 

Saiyuki has been going for 25 years, and the exhibition showed the manuscripts and drafts that she drew over the years. But there were some drawings specifically for this event! 

Now her work is even more powerful by using Photoshop to add background and effects. But I personally prefer all manual works.. it's just super amazing with air brushes and white inks to finish. 

So inspiring! I'm glad I went on a Wednesday to avoid crowds.  At first around 5 pm there was almost no one. Then as time progressed, more people came, but still it was far from crowded. A weekday off is the best fr this kind of events!! 











































No comments:

Post a Comment