8.26.2009

1st day in the class

On the 1st day in the class, we had a conversation partner and asked some questions about him/her. We also watched movie "Sleepless in Seattle", which I like so much. Grammer was a little bit difficult but gave me a clear understanding of the tenses.

It was so nice of my teacher to say "No Japanese during the class, please!" I spoke as much as possible, and it was surely a good practice.

I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch with my classmates, who are from Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. The Thai food was very tasty! I loved the smell, the taste, and the rice, which was not what we eat in Japan. It was a long type of rice and they were not so sticky.

In the afternoon, we went to University village, where there are a lot of shops and restaurants. A lot of people were shopping despite the fact that it was a weekday. I bought some cut-and-sawn and slippers in a GAP shop. Things are not so cheap in America, so I decided not to buy clothes any more. It costs too much!

One of my roommate came back, and we talked a lot. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment