8.31.2009

Fremont Sunday market

Today I went to Green Lake, which is within walking distance from my house, and then Fremont Sunday market. Though I did not buy anything, it was so much fun just to look around.

Green Lake is small compared to other famous lakes in Seattle, like Lake Washington or Lake Union, but it is still very big, about 7 km in length. I was to meet up my friends at 9:30, but they did not appear even at 10:15. So I just sat at the lakeside and wondered where to go alone. At 10:30, one of my friends found me! It was a complete coincidence that they walked around there. They had just arrived at the lake when they found me. It is very inconvenient that I do not have a mobile phone in here.

Anyway, four of us lent a boat and went into the water. We cycled to move the boat forward, and also control the direction with a handle. It was fun that the boat did not go where we want to go because of the flow of water. It was such a nice day, and the surface of the water was shining brightly. The scenary from the boat was wonderful.

We went to Fremont Sunday market where people have a second-hand store on their own. There were also many food stalls there, giving off very good smell. We found a Thai food restaurant near the market, and I ate fried rice there. It contained chicken, tomatos, beans, celery and cucumbers. It was very very nice, the sauce is my favorite. It was so delicious that I asked them to wrap half of it for dinner. It is very common to take served food home because it is usually too much, while we seldom do that in Japan. Japanese chefs are afraid of food poisoning and it may be ruin the reputation of the restaurant.

We saw the statue of Lenin in Fremont, the first Premier of the Soviet Union. But why is he in Fremont, the US?

No comments:

Post a Comment