5.29.2011

Test day

It was very stormy today... In strong winds and continuous rain, I dragged myself to Fukuoka to take TOEFL test. The test venue was freezing as always.
I think I did fairly OK in all sections except the speaking test. You have 15 seconds to prepare and 45 seconds to say your answer. Watching the timer that count down, I simply get so pressured that I often end up talking about too much and not reaching the conclusion. With only one try, you will realize how difficult it is to sum up the information that you heard and add your opinion about it in one minute. One more thing, the difficulty lies in the solitary of the test. Test takers are not talking with a person; they are recording their answers through the microphones. Saying your response simply into a microphone without anybody that interacts with you, can make you feel a bit strange. A person who nods while listing is important for a display of a good conversational skill.

I'm not making an excuse for not performing well, though. I still have a looong way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment