5.06.2011

Trip to Singapore

Talking with fast-speaking Singaporeans, I think I got back some of my English. I was surprised how slowly the newscasters speak!

But I realized that learning a certain language in childhood is an advantage. Kids are so fast and efficient in acquiring a language or even two at the same time! My host daughter, nine years old, speaks excellent English and Chinese and she translated Chinese books for me. Using two different tongues is not a problem to her.

Especially because I stayed at my friend's house, not in a hotel, I can say that living in a foreign country is good. I enjoyed exploring new places. Encountering different customs, unfamiliar systems could be tiring or difficult, but overall I see them as a good experience. They will certainly broaden your mind and way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment