5.26.2014

Seafood bowl and catching up

I met one of my Singaporean friends the other day in Hakata. It's been almost a year since we last met. It was very nice having lunch and catching up about jobs, hobbies, weather, and traveling. We went to a seafood bowl restaurant in Yakuin. I was overwhelmed by the menu in a good way. Everything looks so good! It reminded me of Tsukiji in Tokyo, where they bid for just-caught fish and serve very fresh sushi bowls. I had crab and prawns, my favourite. My friend ordered two bowls and tempura and finished almost all of them, and we shared. We ate them for our mutual friend, who wasn't able to visit this time. He gave me some pineapple tart, one of many signature sweets of Singapore. It was very good. Gonna share them with my colleagues. It's always fun to meet up with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment