5.24.2014

What can I do????

After coming back from San Francisco, I was disappointed that my English had deteriorated. I had some difficulties in catching some fast conversations. I cannot expect my English ability to improve in the countryside speaking Japanese all day. I occasionally exchange emails with Australians and Canadians, but it is not enough to even maintain the language ability at the same level. It is foreseeable, but I am hesitant to face the fact.

So... the problem is... I cannot go to the English class held every other Thursday night at a community center because either I work overtime or I get too tired. Even twice a month will be better than nothing, but I simply do not have the energy to attend the class from 7.30-9.30. We often chat till late, so I would reach home at 10 pm or so. After taking shower and doing some chores, it will be almost midnight by the time I go to bed. Too late for a Thursday, when the fatigue is its peak. Hmm.. I'm considering taking private lessons... But what I want is not an ordinary conversation like where you went and it was fun.. kind of stuff. I would like to be able to discuss deep issues and politics, science and things like that. Still trying to improve by reading magazines and listening to the radio.. Those are the only things I can do at the moment. My dream to live abroad and get fluent in English is still burning!

Maybe it's a good idea to take an intensive training course or something... as I will be accompanying foreign visitors in July and will be an interpreter/tour guide. It will be so much disappointment if my English further declined and caused difficult moments in showing them around.  I wish the company would cover the cost, just half of it will be of big help(>_<)


No comments:

Post a Comment