3.21.2023

High-end hairdresser! 高級ヘアサロンに行ってきた!

There's no photos.. but I won a trial ticket for a high-end hairdresser!  Haircut only costs 12,000 yen there!  I would not be able to afford it if it were not a free ticket, so I was happy to have this opportunity.  The stylist worked in NYC for 24 years and came back to Japan 8 years ago.  He spends a lot of time talking with his clients about what kind of hairstyle they want and what style will look good on them as well.  I had a very nice conversation with him because we had so many things in common, both living and working in the US and now back in Japan.  

And his skills are top-notch. He knows what he's doing.  He gave me a nice short hair that is suited to my head and face shapes.  It was amazing, and I appreciated that he listened to my experiences and preferences so far.  No wonder he got paid well (twice as much in NYC even!) in the US.  I guess appearance matters there more in such a city with so many artists and rich business people from around the world.  For example, working women split their hairs into halves because having bangs may make them look cute and childish.  I saw very few women actually having bangs in Mcihigan either, but it seems people care a lot more about hair in NYC than in MI.

It was a very interesting experience overall.  I would love to be a regular there, but the cost is kinda prohibitive...  


A shrine near Tofukuji temple. 

Unrelated, but comparison between smartphone and a digital camera. This was taken by a smartphone.

And by a digital camera.  I like the softer edges here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment