3.20.2023

夕方の八坂散歩 Yasaka Shrine in twilight

Being so tired of staring at computer monitors all day every day for the past six days, I was ready to go cycling and visit most Kyoto-like place - Yasaka, in the heart of city with vibrant yet elegant, touristy atomosphere.  There were so many people as expected there, rambling around looking for things to see or places to eat dinner.  It was so crowded that it was impossible to walk at my own pace.  I constantly had to stop or slow down for others.  Tourists are back.. they are much needed for Kyoto's economy, that's true. 

Food stalls were back at Yasaka too.  It's hard to imagine the entranceway without them, though there were none of them a year ago.  It's a privilage that I can visit Yasaka whenever I feel like with just a 20 min bike ride. 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment