10.24.2009

Got connected!

Finally my friend got the Internet access today. It was a bit complicated procedure and so I have a certain feeling of achievement.

The personnel told us that the construction would be at 2:30 but the engineer told them they were coming soon at 12. What if my friend was far away from there at that time? There was a great possibility of postponement of the construction because of them again...

He and his brother was going to share the Internet, which means they need a router to split the signal of the Internet using the Wi-Fi. It was difficult for us to have their laptop connected to the router because it required the UserID and Password in the default, which we did not know. We tried and tried to find them to change the settings of the Wi-Fi and finally it worked!

It was much more difficult than the usual because we did not have the special knowledge on computers or Internet and the OS they were using were English versions. The instruction of the installment was not readable so we had to guess what to do next. It was very difficult for me to explain and translate such techy things in English. That is why I had a good feeing after they got the Internet connection...

They thanked me a lot and it made me feel that I was able to do something for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment