10.18.2009

Laptop


Recently I bought a new laptop, HP, with intel core 2 duo 2.0 GHz, 320GB of HDD and 4GB of memory. It is super faster than my old computer which has only 0.8 GHz and 60 GB of HDD. When choosing a new computer, I learned a lot about technical words and how the processer works. Although I use my laptop almost every day, I knew little about it. I now feel embarassed that I chose my old computer just because of its color.

My laptop has an English OS (in other words, it is not intended to be sold in Japan)! I wanted to improve my English more, so I ordered an English version from a shop in Akihabara, where is very famous for abundant computer goods. After I looked at all the websites carefully, I finally made my mind to buy a HP notebook pavillion dv4-1280. It is much faster than I expected, so I am very satisfied with it.

I had a problem, though... Although I ordered silver one, what I received was a bronze! It is strange because I called that shop beforehand and made it sure that they had silver ones. However, the shopstaff told me that they did not have any silver but only bronze ones when I called them again just after I received the laptop. I was a bit disappointed, but told them OK anyway. It is funny that I still care about its colors... Besides, I found the bronze color rare, and cool. I try to take things in a good way.

Here are some tips to have your laptop work faster and to extend the life of your computer;

1. Desktop; Try not to put too many icons on the desktop. It makes the processor work unnecessarily harder.
2. Organize files; Put files in right folders. Music files should be kept in the music folder, documents should be in the document folder, and videos in the video folder in your laptop. It makes it easier for the computer to process.
3. External HDD; If you have a lot of heavy programs and bulky files, it would be a good idea to buy an external hard disc drive. Store those files in that HDD, and your laptop will be free from the burden.
4. Cooler; The processor is sensitive to heat, therefore it has a fan inside. Still, it would be better to place your computer under a laptop cooler because the built-in fan is sometimes not enough to prevent the temperature from rising. The cooler has several fans inside and gives off wind in order to cool the processor of the computer.
5. Keyboard cover; The keyboard cover enables you to keep the keyboard clean and new, but it makes it difficult for the laptop to release the heat. With a laptop cooler, you can place a cover on the keyboard, but do not lock it. Leaving a little space to radiate heat helps your computer a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment