10.18.2009

Long way to be connected to the Internet

Is it a Japanese custom to hand something to others and avoid being responsible?

My friend, who moved in a new apartment on Sep 24th, has yet to have the Internet connection because the personnels of the internet provider keep handing the contract to other people all the time. "I do not know what the person in charge is doing with your contract now... Let me make him call you back." the operator says, and the person in charge says "I do not know much about the technical problems of your apartment. So could you wait for the engineer to call you later?" and finally the engineer told him that "I still do not know whether you can get the internet connection (!) or when the construction will be held."

It seems to take just for ever. I made a phone call for him and they did not seem to think the contract so important. My friend has been waiting for almost a month and is still treated like that without getting any information on the internet connection. The person I talked over the phone sounded polite, but he also kept saying he does not know how the engineer is handling the contract. One of their problems is that their jobs are too independent and not shared with other workers in different sections. I felt so sorry for him and his brother, both of whom are frustrated and angry.

One of my friends told that it was a bad custom of Japanese. I am not sure if it really is... It differs company to company I guess. One thing is sure, though; the workers in that company should communicate more so that they do not have to pass the business to another personnel, or they may end up losing a lot of customers.

Very very basic, isn't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment