4.11.2021

Spring and cherry blossom

 Exhilarated by those early cherry blossom on campus!!  Especially the pale pink ones - they remind me home.  My friends in Japan are enjoying viewing cherry blossom that can be found everywhere in Japan now.  It's a unique thing that everyone in Japan knows about, has access to, and looks forward to viewing this one kind of tree every year.  And I am one of them even when away from home, the joy is real that this kind of tree brings me. 


The tremble with excitement may have something to do with being in early spring.  Cold winter fades away, and we don't need to be stiff and bracing at all times.  Loosened tension may make our heart easier to be touched.  Spring is nice, it feels great, but at the same time, I feel fidgety and restless even though it is not a new year to me now.  It's a special season.  

Another thing; a new school year and fiscal year starts in April, so it is a month of nervousness about starting a new life.  It may be comforting to see something that is old and unchanged - cherry blossom that blooms every year no matter what.      













 

No comments:

Post a Comment