7.16.2023

Papa Jon's cafe/restaurant

It looks like a chain with multiple locations, but I like the relaxing interior and atmosphere.  I had a banana smoothie, which was fresh and delicious.  Was able to write a bit and took a break from outside summer heat.  A nice cafe to drop by.

Papa Jon's Rokkaku St.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/2Pp72tNEqmjkuwN58

There were a man and a woman talking, in English, with very loud voice, and I was able to hear everything they were saying.  They do not seem like a couple... but how they interacted with each other made them look quite intimate.  Maybe they are just about to start dating?  The man looked much older than the woman, but I don't know. It's really hard to guess people's age by their appearance.  Anyhow, I learned a new word in their conversation: vernacular, meaning a language or dialect.  The context was about religion, and she said she does not subscribe to those vernaculars, which is a qutie interesting and perhaps sophisticated way of saying that she's not religious.  Hm.  It's nice to learn new words in a real-life setting; it's much easier to remember new words as it's tied to my own experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment