1.14.2010

Fingerprints

One of my friends is going to apply for the Internet connection and I helped him a little bit. While faxing some document we just had a short talk about security (since his passport caught my attention).

When a foreigner enters Japan, s/he must provide his fingerprint of his both hand and photograph of his face. Some people are against it because it is discriminative and it means somewhat you are treated or considered to be a potential criminal. I asked him if it is OK for him and how he feels about it. He said it is alright because security is the priority and it is helpful to keep the flights safe.

I have the same opinion with him too. In terms of security, it is reasonable to offer fingerprints and a photograph. I did the same thing when I enter the US and I did not feel bad about it. I prefer to have my trip safe. At present for many complicated reasons it is important to secure entry to the country so we have no choice.

"No problem as long as they are not laughing at my face in the picture", he added, shrugging his shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment