5.03.2022

Rainbow Tassel for Rainbow graduation

Never did I expect to receive the graduation commemoration would arrive after nearly half a year!  

I received the rainbow tassel and cord as well as some cute stickers and a handwritten letter to congratulate my graduation from Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC).  They made it all the way to Japan!  I sincerely thank them for the effort to send them internationally.  I read that they are giving away these tassels and cords at the end of last year, so I put on my Japan address, thinking that they may or may not send them internationally.  But they did! 

Even after I left Michigan, I still feel connected with MSU and supported for who I am.  As a queer, the existence of organizations like GSCC means a world to me, especially for I am from a more conservative country in the disguise of a developed and liberated society.  Being a part of MSU allowed me to embrace and express who I am, which I had not been confident about before.  I met many people who are understanding and supportive, and met with some fellow LGBTQIA+ on and off campus.  I am definitely a different person in terms of higher resilience and broader horizons thanks to my experience at MSU.  

I appreciate the effort of GSCC so much to make the campus a safe place for everyone regardless of their gender identity and sexual orientation and the University's support for this.  I will cherish the tassel and the cord as my treasure that celebrates my identity as well as my academic degree.  




No comments:

Post a Comment